More from CBSE
- Biology -1999
Q1. Name the process in which bacteriophage picks-up a piece of DNA from one bacterial cell and transfers the same to another bacterial cell on infection. Ans1. Transduction. Q2. Which fraction of soil water is readily available to plants for absorption. Ans2. Capillary water fraction . Q3. What protects nitrogenase? Ans3. ‘Leghemoglobin’ combines with oxygen and maintains anaerobic envir...
Q1) Horizontal component and vertical component of Earth's magnetic field at a place are equal. what is the value of angle of dip at this place? (Marks 1) Ans1) BV = BH tan = BV/BH = 1 or = 45o Q5) Is the ratio of number of holes and the number of conduction electrons in a p-type extrinsic conductor more than, less than or equal to 1? (Marks 1) Ans5) The ratio of number of holes to the n...
- Maths-1996 -Set II
Q2) Find the work done by the force = + 2 + , acting on a particle, if the particle is displaced from the point with position vector 2 + + to the point with position vector 3 + 2 + 4. Ans2) Here = + 2 + call A(2 + + ) and B(3 + 2 + 4) ... = - = (3 + 2 + 4) - (2 + + ) = + + 3 ... work done = . = ( + 2 + ) . ( + + 3) = 1 . I + 2 . I + I . 3 = 6 Q4) For the matrices A and B, verify that...
- Accounts -2000-Set III
PART 'A' (Accounting III) Q2) What are the alternatives available to a company for the allotment of debentures when there is over-subscription of debentures? (Marks 3) Ans2) In case of over-subscription of shares : (i) The company may reject same applications, i.e the application money received is returned back. (ii) It may not allot any share to some applicants, whereas it may make pro-rat...
Q1) Draw an equipotential surface for a point charge Q > 0. (Marks 1) Ans1) Equipotential surface are the surface of concentric spheres with the charge at their centre. Q2) If the ratio of the horizontal component of earth's magnetic field to the resultant magnetic field at a place is 1/2, what is the angle of dip at that place ? (Marks 1) Ans2) Cos = BH/B = 1/2 = 45o Q3) How...
- Political Science -1997- Set II
Q1. Mention any two kinds of law. (2 marks) Ans. (a) Natural Law : - Natural laws are abstract on account of being authored by nature or some supernatural agency. The dictates of natural laws are understandable by the rational faculty of man as "written into the heart of man by the finger of God." Natural law has its sanction in respect for or fear of some metaphysical power. (b) National Law:...
- Social Science-2000-Set I
Section - A : History Q1.What is referred to as 'paper partition' in the colonisation of Africa? (2) Ans. 1 Different European powers entered into agreements/treaties often fraudulent and bogus) with the rulers of African States and brought their states as their `Protectorates' with a promise to support them against their rivals. Through these treaties, they obtained recognition of other Europ...
- Computer Science-1999
Q 1 (a) Why main function is so special. Give two reasons? Ans. 1(a) Whenever a C++ program is executed only the main() is executed i.e., execution of the program starts and ends at main(). The main() is the driver function of the program. If it is not present in a program, no execution can take place. Q 1 (b) Name the header file of C++ to which following functions belong: (i) strcat() (ii) ...
- Physics-1996-Set II
[Only those questions and answers which are different from set 1 have been given here.] Q.1.If a rate of change of current of 4 A/s induces an e.m.f. of 20 mV in a solenoid, what is the self-inductance of the solenoid ? (1 mark) Ans 1. ................. dI = 4A/S ............... .......dt ............... ....... = 20mv = 20 x 10-3 V ............... ....... | | = LdI .............
- Chemistry-2000 -Set II
Q.1 Write the name and molecular structures of the monomers of the following polymers : (i) Natural Rubber (ii) Nylon-66 Ans1. (i) Natural rubber monomer is : CH3 = CH - CH = CH2 | CH3 2-methyle-1,3-butadiene (Isoprene) (ii) Monomers of nylon - 66 are : H2N-(CH2)6 - NH2 (HexamethyleneDiamine) and HOOC-(CH2)4- COOH(adipic acid) Q.2 (a) Write a chemical equations and reaction conditions ...
Q1. At what stage the embryo is implanted in the uterus of the mother in case of a test tube baby? Ans1. 32-celled Morula. Q2. Human heart is Myogenic yet a parasympathetic nerve can reduce the heart rate. Name the nerve. Ans2. Vagus Nerve. Q3. Which of the following diseases could be avoided by analysing the pedegree of parents – Klinefelter’s syndrome, Haemophilia, Amoebiasis. Ans3. Ha...
- Political Science-1999-[ Set- II ]
Q 1. Define Justice. (2 marks) Ans 1. The word 'Justice' comes from the Latin word 'Jus' which means 'bondage' or 'to bind'. Justice lies in the satisfaction of basic needs of the people of society. It means to treat all citizens on an impartial ground. Legal justice deals with principles and procedures as laid down by the system of law prevailing in a state. Moral justice, on the other hand, d...
- Political Science-1998-[ Set I ]
Q1. Mention any two points of criticism of Fascism. (2 marks) Ans. Fascism can be criticised on the following grounds:- (a) Fascism supported the idea of a totalitarian state. It was anti-humanitarian and sought to destroy some of the most cherished human values - rights and interests, freedom and equality in the name of the supremacy of the nation state. (b) Fascism encourages violence and t...
- Accounts-1996-Set I
Q 1) Define Partnership. State the main provisions of the Partnership Act relating to partnership accounts in the absence of partnership deed. (Marks 3) Ans. 1) Partnership : The relationship between persons who have agreed to share the profits of a business carried on by all or any one of them acting for all. In the absence of the partnership deed, the following provisions are applicable : (...
- Social Science -1999-Set I
- Social Science-1999-Set II
- Social Science-1999-Set III
- Social Science-2000-Set I
- Social Science-2000-Set II
- Social Science-2000-Set III
- Accounts-1996-Set I
- Accounts-1996-Set II
- Accounts -1997-Set I
- Accounts -1997-Set II
- Accounts-1998-Set I
- Accounts-1998-Set II
- Accounts -1999 -Set I
- Accounts -1999 -Set II
- Income Tax Inspector Salary
- CCS University Meerut Admit Card
- MBA at University of Pune, Department of Management Sciences (PUMBA),
- Advertising Minor USC
- Rajasthan Board Results 2010
- CISF Posting List 2010
- Accredited Logo
- Punjab Technical University Common Entrance Test 2006,For Admission To Engineering, Architectue & Pharmacy Courses
- NTSE Interview Results 2010
- SET Exam Sep 2010
- IIM Ahmedabad Distance Learning Course
- Board of Secondary Education West Bengal
- AHCCCS Online Payment
- Ahlcon Public School, Mayur Vihar Hosted
- Saurashtra University 2010 Results
- Academy Of Art University Courses
- The Royal Holloway, University of London International Excellence Scheme
- IIT-ians have created a global brand
- ICRI has announced the appointment of Prof
- UPCMET 2009 Uttar Pradesh Combined Medical Entrance test
- FDDI Noida | Footwear Design and Development Institute
- Empri Bangalore | Environmental Management and Policy Research Institute
- Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar University of Horticulture and Forestry
- DWR Karnal Directorate of Wheat Research
- Directorate of Distance Education Madurai Kamaraj University
- Department of Biotechnology Barkatullah University
- Department of Microbiology and Biotechnology Centre MSU Baroda
- C-MMACS | CSIR Centre for Mathematical Modelling and Computer Simulation
- C-MET Pune | Centre for Materials for Electronics Technology
- Directorate of Maize Research